[aprssig] SSID Standardization

Earl Needham earl.kd5xb at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 11:39:04 EDT 2010

I'm not up for this at all.  Some years ago, the use of SSID to denote an
icon was -- is the word "depracated"?  At any rate, this hasn't been the
standard for ten years now, instead using data inside the packet to denote
what type of station sent the packet, and I believe we should continue in
this manner.  I already catch enough he** when somebody who has been on APRS
all of 4 days complains that I'm not using the proper SSID and I don't need
any more.

See http://www.tapr.org/pipermail/aprssig/2005-January/003539.html

Vy 7 3
Earl