[aprssig] APRS Operation in Spain?

Amir Findling K9CHP sarlabs at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 21:48:54 EDT 2010

You would be operating under CEPT rules. All you need is a current copy
of the CEPT agreement in four languages. This document is available
through the ARRL's website. Your call sign will be a Spanish prefix like
EA with a number for the zone you will be in, /(stroke) your US call
sign. Check the prefix on the ARRL's website. Check the Spanish band
plan too as it is different from the US, esp in 70cm I think.

Some European repeaters need a 1750Hz tone to be opened up. Check your
radio's manual on how to get that tone to work.

Bon voyage!

73 de K9CHP Amir Findling, Member ARRL, ARRL/ W5YI VE, WAC, WAS, DXCC

www.K9CHP.net <http://www.k9chp.net> Blog: http://k9chp.blogspot.com
<http://k9chp.blogspot.com/>

Eagle Valley Search Dogs <http://evdogs.org/>, Senior K9 Handler

K9 Certification Tester, NYS Federation of Search Teams
<http://www.nysfedsar.org/>

1st Special Response Group <http://www.1srg.org/> (1SRG)