[aprssig] Messaging Applications

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Tue Jun 1 12:26:05 EDT 2010

Consider joining the APRSISCE Yahoo group and download a copy of
APRSISCE/32 for Windows Mobile or Win32.  Messaging is currently
supported well enough to have a QSO, but is the next big topic on the
ToDo list.  I'm planning a chat-like interface by callsign and you have
the chance to be an alpha or beta tester and help shape the
implementation to do what you want (provided you can persuade me it's a
good idea).

The application is targeted for Windows Mobile (think cellphone/PDA like
the AT&T Tilt) and also runs on Win32.  It does OpenStreetMap.org
backgrounds as well as IGate and digi functions.  The released version
does KISS TNCs and the version currently in development extends the RF
interfaces.

The fledgling Wiki: http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/