[aprssig] South Carolina digis

Wes Johnston, AI4PX wes at ai4px.com
Tue Jun 1 11:36:50 EDT 2010

I just did a quick audit of SC's digipeaters.  My goal was to see how many
digipeaters in SC support SCn-n.

wa4sas-9 ?
k4fi-3 ?
n5cwh-3 SC yes
kr4aik-2 ?
kr4aik-3 ?
k4ija-3 ?
k4ccc-10 SC Yes
ai4px-10 SC yes
ko4l-9 SC Yes
ne4sc-3 SC yes
ne4sc--5 ?
ne4sc-7 SC yes
kc4pl  SC yes, but not advertised
ki4ysr-5 ?

ke4cja-4 shows as WRT and NCn-n.  Given he is the only digi in the upstate
of SC (but actually in NC), could he become SC1-1?  Do we still need to
support WIDE RELAY and TRACE?  Surely it can't do TRACE, NCn-n and Wn-n all
at the same time??

If any of you know that these digis do support SCn-n can you please let me
know.  Or ask the owner to indicate it in his beacons?

Did I miss any?

Is there any chance to get a higher local digi in Charleston and GSP area?

Also, I was in Charleston SC a few weeks ago and it doesn't seem that any of
the local repeaters are advertised on APRS.  I knew about the Yorktown
repeater, but with summer upon us, the tourists won't.  Is 147.27 still on
the air?

--
Wes
---