[aprssig] VX8GR

Tom Kinahan tom.kinahan at verizon.net
Thu Jul 29 16:22:27 EDT 2010

Jaye KE6SLS:

You said:

 >What is the set-up that you are using?  (eg. antenna, power level, power
 >supply)

 >What is the digi path setting when mobile?

I'm using the radio as bought, with the dual band rubber duck, with high power (I assume about 5W)
running off the included battery. I've already got too many antennas on my truck, but I'll try
tooling around with a mag mount connected to the VX8GR after I pick up the adapter. I could add the
12v external power while mobile.

  Locally I set the digi path using the a local home station that happens to be in the neighborhood,
so W1BRI, Wide2-2. While on the road, I use the default (P3) built into the radio: Wide1-1, Wide2-1.

  I can't really ever reach a wide directly, unless I'm at work, where one of the local Wide
digipeater is very close to. Again, rubber duck, so far. I do realize the limitations of the rubber
duck.

-Tom N1CPE