[aprssig] APRS Messaging

Adi Linden adil at adis.on.ca
Thu Jul 29 00:56:50 EDT 2010

Hi Lynn,

I've read the docs you've recommended. I suppose I am interested in a lot more detail. In order for a message to make it from IS to RF, does the iGate need to listen to the complete IS data stream? Or is there a mechanism that allows an iGate to forward the "heard" list to upstream server(s) to establish a path for messaging?

I tried sending message to my two messaging capable radios. One should have been gated through my iGate, the other via some other iGate while I was travelling. Neither message ever made it. I'd like to understand why. Especially when it comes to my own iGate I'd like to be able to configure it appropriately for messaging.

Thanks,
Adi
VA3ADI