[aprssig] VX8GR

Jaye Inabnit ke6sls ke6sls at arrl.net
Tue Jul 27 20:46:48 EDT 2010

On Tuesday 27 July 2010 16:39:18 Robert Bruninga wrote:
> > The APRS unit is on the "B" band only...
> > You can mute the "B" band by entering the
> > APRS menu and selecting MENU #7 "APRS MUTE".
> > This works well and then the user can leave
> > the "B" band volume up and a comfortable level.
>
> What then is heard on the B band?
> - nothing?
> - voice if it is made
> - noise whenever there is a colliion...
> - or NOTHING EVER as long as that menu is set.
> - Or does this mean APRS Voice Alert?

Glad you asked Bob.  I just tested the unit here with a second ht.  With the
APRS MUTE "ON", the "B" band is muted completely which includes voice.
Didn't know that until I just did this test.

I usually leave the mute on on mine so I only hear the "A" band, but have
toggled it off at times while testing various locations.  That is why I leave
my "B" band volume at a normal (15) level instead of turning it completely
down.

Can't help on the FTM-350--don't have one.

73

--
jaye, ke6sls

How much does free cost?