[aprssig] VX8GR

Jaye Inabnit ke6sls ke6sls at arrl.net
Tue Jul 27 12:41:13 EDT 2010

On Tuesday 27 July 2010 07:19:21 Phil N6TCT wrote:
> "So I figured out how to have both channels at the same time. You can
> only transmit on one at a time, but can monitor both. Each channel has
> independent volume and APRS broadcasting. Functionally how this works is
> you have channel B on volume 0 and broadcasting APRS, and channel A not
> broadcasting but monitoring on full volume. When you want to talk, flip
> back to channel A (and no APRS during the conversation)."

The APRS unit is on the "B" band only.  If you shut off the "B" band (by
pressing and holding for several seconds the "B \/" button then this will
turn off the APRS part of the radio and only leaving the "A" band available.
To turn the "B" band back on, simply push and hold the "B \/" button again.
Do this when the radio is displaying the frequency/channel data, not GPS,
HEARD, or APRS MESSAGE screens (these screens are all toggled when the "B"
band is selected then the user presses the MENU button.)

You can mute the "B" band by entering the APRS menu and selecting MENU
#7 "APRS MUTE".  This works well and then the user can leave the "B" band
volume up and a comfortable level.

A user can have APRS running and then switch the the "A" band to use the rig
for voice AND APRS at the same time.  Though the "A" band is selected, the
APRS will continue sending/receiving packets on the "B" band.

I hope this helps.

73

--
jaye, ke6sls