[aprssig] setting up digipeaters & I-gates

Jaye Inabnit ke6sls ke6sls at arrl.net
Tue Jul 20 12:14:28 EDT 2010

Hi gang:

I just subscribed to this list yesterday so I can begin updating myself with
all that is APRS.  I was very savvy with packet in the day and used JNOS in
our area for several years.

I am sort of a hard core biker these days.  I just returned from 7 weeks on
the road, covering as many states as I could.  I used a 5 watt all in one
gps/modem/radio to xmt my GPS info so my family, friends, and fellow riders
could keep up with my day to day travels.  Coverage was great until I reached
Bozeman, MT and right here in Eureka, CA.  I will change the situation here
in Eureka and I will lean on you all looking for help/advice/tips.

So, to help me get started, I'd welcome required reading on APRS protocol and
common gear used at low level and at hill top sights.  I am most interested
in finding low power I-gate hardware that I can install either here at my QTH
or at our low level repeater site.

I still have a week before I return home to get back to work.  I'll continue
lurking and learning with google searches.

Thanks all, 73

--
jaye, ke6sls

How much does free cost?