[aprssig] Aprs and Repeater Controllers

Wes Johnston, AI4PX wes at ai4px.com
Fri Jul 16 14:46:38 EDT 2010

What happens when AI4PX comes through your town?  Have you got enough
inputs for that?  I think people might get tired of hearing "AI4PX is
on aprs" every 120 seconds when my car squawks.

You might want to check into a text to speech chip like speakjet.

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=9578
http://www.magnevation.com/SpeakJet.swf

As I recall it has a TTL output that indicates speaking, so that could
cause  the PTT to trip on the repeater.  Perhaps it could be wired
into an auxlilary audio input.

Wes

--
Wes