[aprssig] WM-918 Troubleshooting

Arte Booten pn2zrc at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 13:03:56 EDT 2010

Hi all,

     I own an Oregon Scientific WM-918 Weather Station  (it's identical to the
Radio Shack WX-200) and have had it for several years - and several moves.   I
recently installed it at my current QTH, and found that the rain gauge doesn't
seem to be registering any rain either on the  control panel display or within
FreeWX, which translates the unit's output for use with UI-View.

     Does anyone have suggestions on how to troubleshoot it?  OS's website has
nothing whatsoever about this long-discontinued product.                    73
| Mr. Arthur "Arte" Booten      Tampa, FL     <n2zrc!rEm0vEn0sPaM!@arrl.net> |
|   Cruise Missile Coordinates: 2756.75 N / 08228.79 W            [EL87sw]   |
|  GnuPG Key Fingerprint: 91CE 2631 0362 CB18 294D 7EE5 94EE 5D25 9E1C 2CDC  |