[aprssig] HFEST Object

Clay Melhorn n9io at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 3 15:37:41 EDT 2010

Hello All,

I would like to beat the drum once more (a little) with a slight correction to an earlier post of mine.

I have just posted a local HFEST object but I would like to correct the number of available comment digits in UIView32.

The hamfest date is July 18th.

In the Object Editor the Identifier is HFEST-18p

The symbol is of course Ham Store

Under comment I have  146.940Mhz I57 X327E Peotone IL w9az.com

for a total of 40 characters, could not possibly squeeze in one more syllable.

There are only 40 total characters available in comment so set yours accordingly.

I suppose for the purpose of advertising your hamfest to home UIView users on the

internet it is quite advantageous to have a really short URL...(tongue in cheek)

The D700/D710 displays see this in it's 10x10x8 screen format as

HFEST-18p

146.940Mhz

_I57 X327E

_Peotone

(The _ underscore is only in this example to show the place is held by a space character)

and of course the web site url is available to the home UIView32 / APRS.FI user only.

BTW: To my fellow aprs users here in Central and NE Illinois and NW Indiana it's nice to see

a few more real APRS messaging I-Gates going on the air lately, Joliet and Princeton are

the most recent I have noticed in my travels to and from work and from home (thank you),

it's aggravating to see so many Winlink station icons on the APRS-IS (TCPIP only) and

NOTHING on RF on 144.39 when I am mobiling.

73' everyone, have a safe and happy 4th of July weekend!

Clay Melhorn N9IO Bonfield, IL - Kankakee County
Webmaster: KARS - Kankakee Area Radio Society - W9AZ http://www.w9az.com/