[aprssig] An amusing aside (Text Pagers)

Don E. Wisdom donw at engineeringinc.com
Thu Jan 28 13:23:02 EST 2010

Current models are expensive...  Bravo 800/802 & Advisor II's are almost $100 apiece!  In pager land you get what you pay for... the cheaper Divas/brand of the week disintegrate with normal use :)
I can get 5 gallon buckets full of Advisor Golds on government frequencies for very very cheap.
They'd need the receiver changed out most likely & the xtals changed and it realigned. There were 3 or 4 splits of the VHF receiver boards if I recall correctly.