[aprssig] 18 Wheeler APRS pix?

Wes Johnston, AI4PX wes at ai4px.com
Tue Jan 26 14:03:19 EST 2010

tisk tisk... that's an easy one... we tell them it's in 144.395mhz... lol.
Then they won't understand why they not getting digipeated and will jack up
their power or beacon rates.... Oh wait.... ;-)

Wes
addendum #1: My dad is a trucker, therefore my mom is a mother trucker.
addendum #2: On chicken band and in most parts of Georgia, "Wes" is a 3
syllable word.

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 11:16, Bob Poortinga <aprssig at k9sql.us> wrote:

> Bob Bruninga WB4APR writes:
>
> > I might be able to get a short article into a Trucker periodical
> > for ham truckers...
>
> You should seriously consider the consequences of this before you
> submit it.  Do we really want hundreds, if not thousands, of "good
> buddies" running APRS?  If history is any indication, there will
> result in 18-wheelers running kilowatt APRS stations with beacon rates
> of 10 secs and paths of 'WIDE7-7,WIDE7-7'.  I know of a few truckers
> who are hams and they run by the rules, but they will be in the
> minority if APRS catches on with the majority of regular truckers.
> The result will be constant QRM on 144.390 and single digit decode
> rates.
>
> I've got my flameproof undies on, so flame away.
>
> 73 de
> --
> Bob Poortinga  K9SQL
> Bloomington, IN  US

Wes
---
God help those who do not help themselves.