[aprssig] Replacement for UI-View any one

Dave Skolnick dskolnick at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 09:04:11 EST 2010

> From: "Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)" <ldeffenb at homeside.to>
> As the client is currently APRS-IS-only, it relies on an unlimited
> Internet connection anyway, so fetching tiles on the fly is not an
> impact.  I do plan to support a view-based prefetch (tiles are already
> cached) for off-line use shortly after releasing the KISS TNC supporting
> version.

Perhaps I am in the minority, but although I have a data-card for
connection to the Internet I have often found myself in places without
any connection for days on end (motoring a boat up the ICW through
South and North Carolina for example). An application that provided
even rough maps that I could correlate to paper or my electronic
chartplotter would be great. I'd be happy with a blank slate that has
a clear lat/long grid on it.

sail fast, dave KO4MI
S/V Auspicious WDC9882