[aprssig] PUXING UHF Radio

DALE BLANCHARD wa7ixk at embarqmail.com
Thu Jan 21 19:16:54 EST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg Clark" <K7RKT at bigredbee.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2010 2:19:21 PM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: [aprssig] PUXING UHF Radio

Does anyone have any experience using the Puxing 777 or 888 uhf radios
as a front end for receiving and decoding 70cm APRS data packets?
I know ArgentData has the VHF version for sale, but I'm looking for a
UHF model, preferably from a US source.

-- Greg K7RKT

_The UHF radios are not type accepted and are not legal to import, altho many are doing it. Are supposed to made with prison labor.
The can be programed to almost any UHF frequency which makes them non type acceptable for most radio services.
Uses the same mike plug as Kenwood.
Argent's cables will hook it up to a APRS TNC.
Dale