[aprssig] Anyone in or around Ames, IA?

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Mon Jan 18 20:47:23 EST 2010

He got the message.  Turns out he'd left his headset plugged in to the
phone on the seat and couldn't hear it ring.  He got my text message
about the time he stopped at a motel and got a call from the front desk
- I think Ron reached him there.

I'd figured he would press on to Battle Creek, but apparently the fog is
really bad and he stopped early.

Thanks to everyone for the efforts to contact him.  I wish it was better
news, but it rarely is for this sort of thing.  He was on his way to his
home town to visit one sick family member, and it was another one who
passed away today.

I think one of the APRS messages may have gotten through.  He heard
something dinging and couldn't figure out what.  I'm pretty sure he
hasn't used the nuvi for messaging before.

Thanks again to everyone who helped contact him.

Scott
N1VG