[aprssig] APRS frame check (CRC-16) code

Chris Moulding chrism at crosscountrywireless.net
Sun Jan 10 04:41:18 EST 2010

I'm looking at using PSK-63 on HF as a transmission medium for APRS packets.

So far I've got a working program to send and receive APRS formatted
packets over PSK-63 but now I want to add the frame check sequence
(CRC-16) to each packet so that corrupted packets are rejected at the
receive station before they are sent to the APRS-IS.

Does any one have any working code for the frame check sequence (I'm
using Visual Basic 6) or can you point me in the right direction?

73,

Chris, G4HYG

--
Chris Moulding