[aprssig] APRS Messenger now has APRS over PSK-63

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Sun Feb 28 20:55:02 EST 2010

On 2/28/2010 2:46 PM, Chris Moulding wrote:
> Following Stephen's explanation I've just uploaded a 1800 Hz version
> of APRS Messenger v2.33 to the webpage:
>
> http://www.crosscountrywireless.net/aprs_messenger.htm
>
> The other audio tones, 700, 1300 and 2100 Hz are also available.

I have put together a summary of which audio tones versus which RF
frequencies to use:

For operation alongside standard KAM Tones of 1600/1800 for AX25 FSK APRS:
      Use the 2100 Hz version of APRS Messenger
      and set radio to 10.147.600 MHz USB.

            -or-

      Use the 1300 Hz version of APRS Messenger
      and set radio to 10.151.000 LSB

[Paid-for AGWpe Pro version can also operate with these settings since
it can be
configured for 1600/1800 standard "KAM" packet tones.]

For operation alongside freeware version of AGWpe on AX25 FSK APRS
(audio tones are 2100/2300):
      Use the 1800 Hz version of APRS Messenger
      Set radio to 10.151.500 Mhz LSB.

[ Note that radio may need to be "hacked" to enable "general coverage
transmit" since the dial indicates
that the suppressed-carrier frequency is "out of band" on 30 meters,
even through the resulting RF
frequencies from these tones will be in-band.]

The FREEWARE version of AGWpe only offfers the 2100/2300 tones.     The
PAY-FOR AGWpe "Pro" version offers the choice of standard 1600/1800 KAM
tones or the original 2100/2300 tones.

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net

NEW!    Universal HF/VHF/UHF Antenna Mounting System
   http://wa8lmf.net/mobile/UniversalAntMountSystem.htm

   http://wa8lmf.net/DigiPaths

Symbols Set for UI-View,
UIpoint and APRSplus: