[aprssig] rfid uses in real world.

Wes Johnston, AI4PX wes at ai4px.com
Tue Feb 23 16:26:16 EST 2010

Hmmm.... We don't have to catch the bikes at full speed.  In the enduro
race, they have to pause at the checkpoint so that a check point worker can
write the time on their placard.  While the checkpoint worker is doing that,
he waves a wand near the RFID tag.  How's that?  Sorry, I didn't include
that in the orginal post.  Of course the catch is that once they start using
RFID, they aren't going to want to slow down since it will no longer be
necessary to write the time on the placard.  I can reason that they would
continue to use the time on placard method as a failsafe scoring backup.

Wes
---
God help those who do not help themselves.