[aprssig] RFID Hotspot revised format

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Feb 22 15:42:39 EST 2010

My RFID HotSpot is working now in a stable environment

The web page and SPEC have been updated.
www.aprs.org/aprs-rfid.html

1) Uses HotSpot OBJECTS so full 9 character names can be used

2) Solves the ^C line-wrap problem by changing the SENDPAC
character and setting the CR command to suppress the ^C

3) You have to step on the hot spot.  If your foot is swinging
at full speed over the reader you might not get read.

4) The coil Is 5" in diameter and your foot (with the card) has
to hit within an 8" diameter HotSpot to be read.

You can see the tag working as I walk in and out of my office:
http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&call=WB4APR-5

If anyone else wants to build one, let us know.
Bob, WB4APR

APRS-IS..