[aprssig] APRS Messenger now has APRS over PSK-63

Frank or Barbara Rossi n3flr at bellatlantic.net
Sat Feb 20 12:39:58 EST 2010

Wow, greatest thing for HF APRS yet !
It has all the benefits of PSK.
Signals way down in strength still decode.
I downloaded the program and have it running near Pittsburgh Pa.
I hear KD4MOJ-6 and was able to send a message this morning.
Almost a pipeline from Pittsburgh to Florida this morning !

I like the idea of using the 2100 hz version in the USA.
Being able to have the receiver set to the same frequency as AX25 APRS,
allowing simultaneous RX AX25 APRS with a TNC and PSK APRS with the
sound card is a major  plus.
I think this could take off big time.
Best advance for HF APRS in years.
Perhaps the 2100 hz version should be the standard version ?
I have not tried the different frequency versions yet or what the RX
dial settings should be.
My guess is that it depends on what TNC you have for AX25 APRS, what the
tone freqs are ?
Thanks for the great program.
Your time and effort put into this program will be appreciated by all.
There will be more people on HF APRS because of this program.
Thanks
N3FLR - Frank