[aprssig] APRS Messenger now has APRS over PSK-63

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Thu Feb 18 08:05:43 EST 2010

Chris Moulding wrote:
> If you want to try APRS over PSK-63 on HF I'm running an Igate on 10.1497
> MHz. Set your receiver to a dial frequency of 10.1476 MHz USB with the
> 2.1 kHz
> version. Please note that the dial frequency is the same as used for
> existing HF
> 300 bd packet APRS so it will work with existing HF APRS set-ups. In
> the US
> Lynn KJ4ERJ is also running an APRS over PSK-63 Igate on 10.1476 MHz.

As Chris mentioned, I'm running APRS Messenger (2100hz) on 30m using the
station described below.  The nice thing about the frequency choice
described above is that you can tune the dial to 10.147.600 USB and use
AGWPEpro with KAM tones to decode 30m APRS and run APRS Messenger
(2100hz) in parallel looking for PSK63.  At least, I think that should
work, I know that APRS Messenger isn't interfering with AGWPEpro, and
the waterfall in APRS Messenger shows me the audio activity on the
frequency.  However, I've not yet decoded any PSK-63.

There's listening ears here in Florida on 30m, so if you fire up APRS
Messenger, hopefully I'll be able to provide a reception report!

My station is an iCom 706 connected to the internal sound card in my
Dell Vostro 1700 laptop.  APRS Messenger and AGWPEpro is listening to
the audio signals.  I have my own APRSIS32 client connected to AGWPEpro
and IGating as KJ4ERJ-1.  I have APRS Messenger configured as KJ4ERJ-15
and connected to APRS-IS as well.  All of this is RECEIVE-ONLY as it is
connected to an 80m dipole without a tuner.  Obviously, it would not be
wise to transmit just yet.  I'm hoping to have my son (KJ4DXK) put up a
30m dipole tuned for 10.147.600 just for these programs.  Oh, and I
haven't crafted a PTT cable yet, just a simple audio-isolation
transformer on the receive audio to line in.

I'm nearly always online for APRS messaging as KJ4ERJ-12.  That's my
APRSISCE client running on my Windows Mobile which is nearly always with
me.  If you don't get a response shortly, you'll probably get one
later!  If you're not online at the time, check the Messages link at
APRS.FI to see what I may or may not have said in reply.

To see the coverage of my HF APRS IGate, check out
http://tinyurl.com/KJ4ERJ-HF-24

PS.  If you're curious about APRSISCE/32, join the APRSISCE Yahoo Group at: