[aprssig] APRS RFID apps? (MAP list)

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Thu Feb 11 03:05:45 EST 2010

On 2/10/2010 8:42 PM, Bob Bruninga wrote:
>> Therefore for APRStt and RFID I think it best
>> to clearly show up on the map as a distinct
>> vertical table located in a logical place
>> on the map.
>>

>> So what APRS application can do this?
>>
> All of them.
>

>> The closest to this is the stacked symbols
>> in UIview.  All the posits from the same
>> location wind up stacked on top of each other
>>
> The list formation is done at the transmit site by incrementing the latitude by 0.01 from an origin location and that way the list shows up on all clients of all kinds.  YOu can see what it looks like as implemented in APRStt at Dayton last year.  See he APRSdos map (3rd image down on) www.aprs.org/aprstt.html

This will only work with static (fixed) maps at a very small scale.  You
will have no control over where this lands for programs using zoomable,
scrollable maps such as UIview, APRSplus or APRSpoint, findu or aprs.fi
.    If the user happens to have their zoom level one step out, the
calls will overlap and be unreadable.

You are going to have to warn users to to set to a specific  range scale
and center point lat/long for this to be useable.   Although I think the
whole thing is academic in any case -- how many Dayton attendees do you
think will be walking around with a TH-D7 and a netbook or nuvi 350 to
see this data?