[aprssig] APRS RFID apps? (spec rev1)

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Wed Feb 10 19:49:27 EST 2010

On 2/10/2010 12:23 PM, Bob Bruninga wrote:
> RFID SPEC rev(1)
>
> I did that with my first APRStt application back in 2001 and quickly learned that it is confusing to viewers that do not know they are randomsized positions.  Therefore for APRStt and RFID' I think it best to clearly show up on the map as a distinct vertical table located in a logical place on the map.

So what APRS application is going to display this?      In UIview
multiple posits at  the same location stack on top of each other with
the most recent one covering up all the others. If you mouse over the
top symbol and double-click (for full details) or right click, a list of
the stacked reports appears allowing you to choose one.

Screen shot of 1440 x 900 W-XGA screen running UIview showing resulting
list when clicked.

<http:///wa8lmf/aprs/UIview-Posit-Stack.gif>

However, until you click, there is NO indication that there is a stack
under the top symbol.

APRSpoint behaves in a similar way.

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net

NEW!    Universal HF/VHF/UHF Antenna Mounting System
   http://wa8lmf.net/mobile/UniversalAntMountSystem.htm

   http://wa8lmf.net/DigiPaths

Symbols Set for UI-View,
UIpoint and APRSplus: