[aprssig] APRS RFID apps? (Hot Spots design!)

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Feb 10 13:10:45 EST 2010

> If you wan IN and OUT at the door,
> why not use those little keyfob data
> modems on 433mhz from the reader
> to the processor?

Good idea.  But, we'd need and indoor range through several walls over half the distance of the indoors a Dayton, and in that RF environment, we'd need something a little longer range than a key fob.  You have any other XMTR's in mind?

I was thinking about a mircrotracker from Byonics or similar tracker type device from Argent Data Systems?

Bob, Wb4aPR

  Esp if there's a checksum