[aprssig] APRS RFID apps? (Hot Spots design!)

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Feb 10 12:13:20 EST 2010

The RAW output from the RFID reader is:
SDDDDDDDDDDKKCLE
Where S is STX (02h)
DDDDDDDDDD are 5 bytes in 10 ASCII HEX characters
KK is a HEX checksum
C is CR and L is LF and E is ETX.

I guess the easiest packet format (this will probably be on a separate freq) would be:

SPOTID-I>RDDDDD-D:DDDD

Where the SSID of the hotspot reader (I) can contains 4 bits of additional info such as direction, speed, etc.  The initial "R" will make this an ALTNET (non-APRS) packet if in some simple locations the RFID reports are on the APRS channel for simplicity.

Are we missing anything?

Bob, WB4APR