[aprssig] RE >: 3' snow emergency dumb idea...

DALE BLANCHARD wa7ixk at embarqmail.com
Mon Feb 8 20:23:38 EST 2010

It does seem to be a problem in real life. Never heard of any one killed, only what if.
I have known of electricians killed other ways. Many of them do not obey the rules either.
There is enough load on a dead line to blow the breakers on a small generator.
I can see the HAMs who cannot hook up the red and black wires on the radio properly may have a problem.
Dale

Hello group,

PLEASE NEVER USE A DOUBLE PRONGED CORD ON A POWER SOURCE !!!
That is a good way to KILL a LINEMAN!

The transformer that is bringing you 120 probably has 14,400 VAC on the other side, and it doesn't know that you are planning on "back feeding" it, and then POOF ! the line man who is repairing the downed line is vaporized!

You may know to turn off your main breaker, but you child/wife/(husband)/helpful neighbor.. watching you may not remember that critical step some day when you are away.

Thank You, Eric, KG9GH