[aprssig] 3' snow emergency dumb idea

Al Wolfe awolfe at Route24.net
Mon Feb 8 18:37:36 EST 2010

    While many have gotten away with this, it is a terrible idea. Here, if
you are caught (It's the only house around here with lights on. Hmmm.) the
power company has every right to disconnect your electric service and will
do so. Then they take there own sweet time to hook it back up which you must
order during business hours and pay a re-connection fee. Only after
everything/everyone else has been taken care of will they get around to it
since it's routine, not a priority. They take this very seriously. Most
folks only do it once. Others learm slow.

    When to power goes out here, a rather frequent occurance, their trucks
almost always stop by to see why my lights are on. When they see the
approved and licensed disconnect switched to GEN they go on down the road.

    Do it right with an approved interlocking disconnect.

73,
Al, K9SI