[aprssig] 3' snow emergency dumb idea...(response)

DALE BLANCHARD wa7ixk at embarqmail.com
Mon Feb 8 14:43:26 EST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "david Vanhorn" <kc6ete at gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, February 8, 2010 9:50:14 AM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: Re: [aprssig] 3' snow emergency dumb idea...(response)

Ask the power company how safe they think it is.. Some lineman is risking his life on it.

It is not very often a lineman works on a dead circuit.
Here they treat all circuits as live. If not they are shorted.
I also have a suicide cord for my house. I have one master breaker that disconnect the house.
It is then my responsibility.
As far as legality, does widebanding a radio come under that.
Dale