[aprssig] APRS RFID reader?

Patrick winston at winston1.net
Mon Feb 1 18:09:01 EST 2010

The system I have uses dual frequency tags made by IPICO, has two read
antennas each of which is 1 x 2m, and reads a bubble around 20cm beyond
and above the mat.  That said it will also read up to around 100 tags at
a time so is also a little overkill for this purpose.  Regardless of the
system, at least with passive tags, the faster tags are moving the less
likely they are to be read simply because it takes time to charge them
so they can fire their id.

Diode-oring the readers is unlikely to be reliable because you will run
into situations when the tag will be in between to readers and they will
both be reading... In my experiments its actually more likely as you
increase the number of readers because the power providing fields will
work together.