[aprssig] "Best" packet decoder solution

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Wed Dec 29 13:42:58 EST 2010

I really wouldn't encourage users running IGates to just turn on
PASSALL.  Seems like it would be a very bad idea.

I think the heuristics are going to get complicated when you have to
distinguish mangled lat/lon packets from compressed mode packets and
everything else that might be there.

Now, if you encoded lat and lon each as 24-bit integers in Gray code, a
single-bit error anywhere in your position would only result in a
maximum 2.4 meter error, while needing only 6 bytes of payload! ;)

Scott
N1VG