[aprssig] "Best" packet decoder solution

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Mon Dec 27 18:39:09 EST 2010

Andrew VK4TEC wrote...

> DSP ?

That stands for Digital Signal Processing. The TT4 uses DSP.
I understand that Scott N1VG has an evaluation board with a
32-bit MCU capable of 76 MIPS that has some DSP instructions,
but mentioned that it will take some months to finish developing
the code. Someone said to Scott "now that you have gone all DSP
on us..." I'm not sure if that meant that the OTUSB already uses
DSP. I haven't seen any direct reference indicating that it did.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_signal_processing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_signal_processor

Incidentally, Scott sent me an OTUSB a few days ago. I've played
with a bit, but will have time to give it more of a workout in a few
days. It was a pleasant surprise to find it in the mailbox without
having actually ordered one!

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH