[aprssig] "Best" packet decoder solution

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Mon Dec 27 16:56:24 EST 2010

Stephen WA8LMF wrote...

> Where have you encountered KISS issues with the KPC3?

It is actually the KPC3+ that has the problem. The KPC is OK. This is
very often (erroneously) reported as UI-View problem, but only because
so many people are using UI-View. However, it is the KPC3+ in KISS
mode that introduces delays, usually after a week or two. I have observed
this myself. At one time, I thought it was only the "latest" 9.1 version that
had the problem, but then someone running an earlier version (8.2 without
looking it up) that showed the same symptoms. Delayed packets from a
KPC3+ have been observed with Xastir too, so it isn't unique to UI-View.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH