[aprssig] Object vs Item (was: Object Timestamps and 111111)

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Tue Dec 14 08:11:31 EST 2010

The object format requires the timestamp.  The item format does not,
however there seems to be some reason that Objects are used instead of
Items.  Can anyone clarify that history?

PS.  APRSISCE/32's latest development release can now generate Items as
well as Objects with all 3 time formats (DHM-z, HMS-h, and 111111z).