[aprssig] WiFi APRS traveler

Arno Verhoeven (PE1ICQ) pe1icq at sharon.esrac.ele.tue.nl
Sat Dec 11 14:42:06 EST 2010

Bob Bruninga wrote the following on 2010-12-11 7:24 PM:
>> I just want to put the Position in APRS by GPS.
> Totally unrelated, but APRS.FI now lets you enter your position from the web.  I was flying Air-Tran the other day and they had free WiFi on the flight (this month only).  I was able to estimate my position and manually enter it via APRS.FI so that My flight could be seen.

Last week I flew Delta from Charlotte to Detroit. Delta also offered free
in-flight WiFi (Sponsored by...).

I started PocketAPRS on my iPad and was curious which position it would
report.  It placed me right smack in the middle of Minneapolis/St.Paul
Airport. Appearently that's were the gw IP-address was registered.

//Arno, PE1ICQ