[aprssig] D710 question

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sat Dec 11 12:14:25 EST 2010

> ... regarding the D710:
> the [station list] sort only seems to
> be a manual thing ? ...
> Is there a way to make this stick ?

No.  If it stuck, then they would have to sort the entire list again on each new packet that came in.  They could not fit it in.   But I felt the SORT was so powerful to information display that if they could do it one-time, then that was better than none.

When I get to a new place, I do a SORT, and then I get the mental image of where everyone is localy.  THey remain in that order as they move down the list, but new stations are added at the top only no matter the distance.

I don't remember if the FTM-350 does a re-sort on every packet or if it too is a one-time sort...

Bob, WB4APR