[aprssig] Windows Igate software for 9k6 stream?

Andre v Schaijk aprs at pe1rdw.demon.nl
Sun Dec 5 10:40:03 EST 2010

I been trying to setup a 9k6 streaming gate that outputs the IS to a
70cm frequentie filtered to about 300 to 500 km depending on how much
will fit, the problem is finding stanble igate software for windows.

UI-view is stable but limits to max 99 packets per 3 minutes, hardly
usable for streaming on 9k6.

aprsg does look like it can work better for streaming, it doesn't appear
to put any limits on the amount of packets you can transmit per time
unit other then you set yourself but it is to buggy to be usefull, for
instance position under x.17 don't get translated correctly and it keep
crashing.

I could try compiling aprsd under cygwin but the latest version is from
2003 so I'm worried it is nolonger maintained, then again if it is
stable then it should not matter.

Anyone have other sugestions?

73 de Andre PE1RDW