[aprssig] TH-D72 new APRS HT

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sun Dec 5 09:57:37 EST 2010

I got my new TH-D72 at the HRO grand re-opening in Atlanta.  It was a nice party with lots of food and the local clubs each had tables.  Many people hung out there all day (you had to be present to win the hourly drawings).  Met lots of nice APRS folks.

I love the new D72 APRS HT.  In a nutshell, it includes all of the enhanced APRS information display features of the D710 plus some... including the automatic Frequency in any of the 5 status texts.  And of course TUNE on receipt.  Also now each callsign has 8 pages of info (D7 had 5).  One of them shows the PATH used.

MY-MESSAGE flashing now shows you WHICH digipeater you hit.  THis is really great for understanding what is going on!

Oh, and of course the D72 has a built-in GPS like the Yaesu VX-8GR.  Fantastic for travelers!  No muss-no-fuss.

I'm still learning...
Bob, WB4APR