[aprssig] WMR-918

Arte Booten pn2zrc at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 23:56:53 EDT 2010

Hi all,

Tony K. wrote:

>I have a WMR-918 and it still works .. if pouring water into the rain gauge,
>if you overdo it, the rain gauge crashes (locks up) and stops working.  A
>reset is necessary at the gauge transmitter.
>
>How has your experience been with the WMR-918?

>Subject: WM-918 Troubleshooting

      Thanks, but thee wireless unit you have is the WMR-968 but the one I have
is the earlier WM-918 hard-wired unit.  Don't feel bad, though.   The response
I first got back from Oregon Scientific made the same mistake (and suggested I
do exactly the same thing!) and, despite my pointing that out, haven't sent me
a reply yet.

      Interestingly enough, it does seem to work occasionally.   As to how well
it's doing so, well ...                                                     73
||>->-> When replying, remove "!rEm0vEn0sPaM!" from the reply address! <-<-<||
| Mr. Arthur "Arte" Booten      Tampa, FL     <n2zrc!rEm0vEn0sPaM!@arrl.net> |
|   Cruise Missile Coordinates: 2756.75 N / 08228.79 W            [EL87sw]   |
|  GnuPG Key Fingerprint: 91CE 2631 0362 CB18 294D 7EE5 94EE 5D25 9E1C 2CDC  |