[aprssig] SKY1 - callsign? Wayne County, Ohio.

John Gleichweit smokeybehr at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 19 21:54:48 EDT 2010

The current altitude shows a glitch of some kind, and the speed, course and
altitude have been constant since (roughly) 2010-08-19-2300z. There's also a
glitch that shows a position over the North Pole, and the Oklahoma positions
also seem to be part of that glitch. If it's not a glitch, it could be someone
fooling with the data.

The poreps since 2331z have all been through N5CAT-12, which is shown as being
in SoCal. I have a hard time believing that this station is picking up an FM
signal from that distance, and none of the "local" APRS-IS injection points are
picking it up.

 --
John "Smokey Behr" Gleichweit FF1/EMT, CCNA, MCSE
IPN-CAL023 N6FOG UP Fresno Sub MP183.5 ECV1852