[aprssig] Snow and Visibility on APRS

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Aug 19 08:58:35 EDT 2010

> As I recall the 's' field for snow is overloaded with another
's'
> field for something else, solar index perhaps?  While you're
in
> there looking at this stuff, perhaps you could fix that up
too?

The other "s" is for wind speed in the usless positionless
weather report format used by WinAPRS which was always an
anathma to APRS.  It makes no sense to have a weather report
without konwing where the report IS...

So there is no conflict.  If one wants to transmt a snow report,
then don't use WinAPRS format and use the "complete" format
instead.

Bob, Wb4APR