[aprssig] Subject: Re: SKY1 - callsign? Wayne County, Ohio.

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 13 10:20:06 EDT 2010

> I don't believe that jamming (on RF or APRS-IS) is the right approach.

My intent was not n to encourage it, just discussing (point out) the legality of this. Sorry if it sounded that way.

> I also don't think this is going to be a huge problem for long.
> I suspect the unlicensed operators are going to use what is
> easy - and I suspect cell phones are going to be that easy
> solution soon.

Airborn cell phones are still illegal due to potential aircraft equipment interference.  As a technical matter, when in the air they can wreak havoc in the cell system since they get into so many cell sites.  It should attract attention there very quickly.

--
73, Steve, K9DCI USN (Vet) MOT (Ret) Ham (Yet)