[aprssig] Clueless HF Beacon Received!

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Fri Aug 13 00:57:51 EDT 2010

  The world-wide HF propagation from near the equator in the Pacific is
absolutely amazing.

Looking at the raw packet listings on findu for  ZS1TA-9,  it appears that at
various times he has been received and gated to the Internet from:

    *   The U.S. west coast
    *    From Australia
    *    From coastal Western Europe
    *    From the U.S. mid-west and south-east
    *    From central Europe
    *    From the northern U.S. east coast.

I've temporarily set "my location" in VOAprop to his, to compare how closely
the predicted propagation agrees with where he is really getting out to.

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net

NEW!    *** HF APRS over PSK63 ***
    http://wa8lmf.net/APRS_PSK63/index.htm

Universal HF/VHF/UHF Antenna Mounting System
   http://wa8lmf.net/mobile/UniversalAntMountSystem.htm

   http://wa8lmf.net/DigiPaths