[aprssig] KB3TAN-11 APRS Usage

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Sun Aug 8 20:02:39 EDT 2010

Lynn KJ4ERJ wrote...

> I've posted the APRS Infrastructure Utilization graphs from today's
> flight of KB3TAN-11... WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2,WIDE1-1 path...

Wow... that is incredible. That would be a stupid path on the ground,
but from 29,717 metres or whatever it got up to, that's ridiculous.
An ambitious effort, but back to flight school to learn the basics.
I hope that someone can give the operator a gentle nudge in the
flight direction for some more reasonable settings. Also, maybe he
will use an OT1+ next time around if he really feels like he needs
more than a one hop path at the beginning and end of the flight.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH