[aprssig] APRS-IS Passcode Generator On-Line

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Sun Aug 8 00:04:33 EDT 2010

  While studying stats for my website last night, I discovered that this
address was producing referals to my site:

<http://wiki.github.com/ge0rg/aprsdroid/>

It's apparently an app to inject basic APRS-format posits into the APRS-IS from
any Android-based cellphone.  In turn, the page not only linked to my APRS
Symbols page at:

<http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/APRS_symbols.htm>

but also to a completely self-serve generator for APRS-IS passcodes at:

<http://zielkeassociates.com/~jack/aprs-xo/aprspass/>

(You have to click through the link "Settings" on the first page above to get
to a second page

<http://wiki.github.com/ge0rg/aprsdroid/settings>

that has the next two links on it.)

Interestingly, the passcode generator will spit out APRS pass codes for any
string of characters (not just real callsigns) so one can create IS passcodes
for tactical callsigns......

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net

NEW!    *** HF APRS over PSK63 ***
    http://wa8lmf.net/APRS_PSK63/index.htm

Universal HF/VHF/UHF Antenna Mounting System
   http://wa8lmf.net/mobile/UniversalAntMountSystem.htm

   http://wa8lmf.net/DigiPaths