[aprssig] Balloon launch now!

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Apr 21 19:07:05 EDT 2010

APRS Balloon?

I got an email to an anonomyous list about an APRS balloon
launch any minute now from Oswego New York.  Donno if anyone on
APRS or AMSAT also got it, but here is a link to the launch site
twitter account:

The scientific transport that was launched at 1832 EDT can be
tracked at
 http://aprs.fi/?call=KB3HCY-11 3 minutes ago via web

All ? PBH-10, our test flight, was successful and we plan to
launch
our first mission at 1800 EDT (2200 UTC) 21 April 2010! Be sure
check our Twitter feed <http://www.twitter.com/PBH3> to for the
latest
updates.

PBH-11 ? Duration record
VHF(APRS): 144.390 MHz (North American Frequency)
APRS Callsign: KB2ZWZ (Kilo-Bravo-Two-Zulu-Whisky-Zulu)
Monitor APRS location at <http://aprs.fi/?call=KB2ZWZ>

Downlink is on APRS 144.39 and also some HF:
HF: 7.1028 MHz (CW)
HF Callsign: K2RAM
Monitor periodic status transmissions every 10 minutes at :05,
:15,
:25, :35, :45, :55 UTC

Bob, WB4aPR