[aprssig] PBH Mission 1 Launch Scheduled for 1800 EDT on 21 April 2010

contact at projectbluehorizon.com contact at projectbluehorizon.com
Wed Apr 21 17:07:48 EDT 2010

All ? PBH-10, our test flight, was successful and we plan to launch
our first mission at 1800 EDT (2200 UTC) 21 April 2010! Be sure to
check our Twitter feed <http://www.twitter.com/PBH3> to for the latest
updates.

NOTE: While we plan to launch at 1800 EDT, actual launch time may vary
depending on optimum ground conditions encountered in real time at the
launch site. If conditions force us to postpone tonight's launch, our
team is on standby to launch at 0600 EDT (1000 UTC) and 1800 EDT (2200
UTC) each day until a successful launch occurs.

Please see below for important information about our first mission
which consists of two balloons that will be launched directly after
each other:
PBH-11 ? Duration record
VHF(APRS): 144.390 MHz (North American Frequency)
APRS Callsign: KB2ZWZ (Kilo-Bravo-Two-Zulu-Whisky-Zulu)
Monitor APRS location at <http://aprs.fi/?call=KB2ZWZ>

HF: 7.1028 MHz (CW)
HF Callsign: K2RAM
Monitor periodic status transmissions every 10 minutes at :05, :15,
:25, :35, :45, :55 UTC

HF Message Format: K2RAM [Sequence Number] [N or S][Lat Deg] [W or
E][Long Deg] [Altitude/10 m] [Voltage*10 V] [Temp/10 K]

[Sequence Number] represents a running counter that counts the 10
minute periods from power on.  We'll provide a synchronization time on
Twitter after power on so that you know what the counter corresponds to.

PBH-12 - Scientific experiments
VHF(APRS): 144.390 MHz (North American Frequency)
APRS Callsign:KB3HCY-11 (Kilo-Bravo-Three-Hotel-Charlie-Yankee-Eleven)
Monitor APRS location at <http://aprs.fi/?call=KB3HCY-11>

For the latest updates, please see our Twitter feed
<http://www.twitter.com/PBH3> and our website
<http://www.projectbluehorizon.com/>

We'll see you on the air and in the skies!

73,
-Tom Triebwasser
KC2TUA