[aprssig] Inexpensive APRS transmitter kit

Joshua Shriver jshriver at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 03:30:18 EDT 2010

Sometime hopefully this year I'm hoping to release a weather balloon
with a small payload for taking pictures, maybe other things via
sensors.
Wondering if there are any inexpensive, light-weight and low power
aprs transmitters that can be used for such a thing.

Best I've found so far is the Byonic TinyTrak setup. Though it seems a
bit pricey, though it's the best bet so far.  I've even looked into
introduction DIY fm transmitter kits and can buy a APRS encoder for
around $24 from another ham I know.

Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated.

-Josh