[aprssig] tracking elders.

Gregory A. Carter gcarter at openaprs.net
Sat Apr 17 23:25:02 EDT 2010

Hello Kevin,

Search for something called "Project Lifesaver."  It is not an amateur radio
thing rather a law enforcement/sar project and uses small RF transmitters on
kids with Autism or elders with Dementia.

Our SAR team has supported this project in our area for about 3-4 years and
it does help but the transmitters need to be maintained and checked on a
frequent basis to make sure they are charged and beaconing.  The RDF range
is roughly 1-2 miles.

Hope this helps...

Greg

--